The National Captioning Institute
Chantilly, VA; Santa Clarita, CA; or Lexington, KY
Tues – Fri 1530 – 0000, Sat 1100 – 1930 EST
Under general supervision, the Scheduler develops the production schedule for Real-Time Closed Captioners (internal, external and contractors) for live television broadcasts and ensures appropriately trained captioners are scheduled to accomplish the work. He/she makes last-minute and/or emergency changes to and finds coverage for the real-time captioning program schedule. The Scheduler provides top-notch customer service, manages some long-term default programming, and handles a variety of other administrative duties.
• Bachelor’s degree OR Associate’s degree and two years of experience in production-oriented customer service/relations or administration OR a combined four years of related education, training, and experience.
• Ability to pay meticulous attention to detail and demonstrate exceptional organizational skills.
• Ability to take action where answers to a problem are not readily apparent.
• Ability to deal effectively with diverse staff and external clients at all levels with tact and decisiveness.
• Skill in performing a variety of duties under the stress of frequent interruptions or distractions.
• Skill in setting priorities when there are competing requirements and pressure of deadlines.
• Skill in working independently and following through on assignments with minimal direction.
• Ability to take direction from others and to perform effectively in accordance with established procedures.
• Working knowledge of MS Office suite and database systems.
• General computer competency and flexibility adapting to new software and applications.
• Excellent communications skills, written and oral
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to:
• Sit for extended periods of time.
• Use computer for extended periods of time.
• Perceive on screen scheduling information
• Use hands and fingers to manipulate online schedule
• Assign last minute schedule changes by e-mail, instant message and telephone
• Communicate with clients by telephone and e-mail
WORK CONDITIONS: May be required to work:
• overtime and holidays
• during inclement weather
• outside of traditional business hours
• A friendly, casual work environment
• Paid Leave/Vacation
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• The opportunity to provide a valuable service
• Potential to work from home after training milestones have been reached
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.