NCI will support services to people who are deaf or hard of hearing and others who, for whatever reason, wherever situated and irrespective of their economic conditions, are limited in their ability to participate fully in the world of auditory or visual communications.
Building on over 35 years of experience, NCI continues to earn the confidence of domestic and international clients including major broadcast networks, cable television networks, local television stations, and federal and local government agencies.
During the past three decades, NCI has developed a highly skilled and responsive work force supported by state-of-the-art facilities to make sure that all work is done right the first time and delivered on time.Read More
January 27, 2015 |
Now Playing: More Closed Captioning Coming to a Megaplex Near You? A compromise has been reached between the...
January 22, 2015 |
Welcome to this edition of “Closed Captioning Minute” where we bring you the latest in industry news. Did...
December 4, 2014 |
NCI Congratulates Stevie Wonder on his Presidential Medal of Freedom On November 24th, President Obama awarded...
Connect with Us on Facebook.
NCI is seeking Live Voice Writers in our Dallas, TX, facility to start in early October.
This is a full-time position, but it's not your typical Monday through Friday job! We are a 24/7 operation, and we are hiring for a variety of shifts. If you are looking for a job in an exciting field with non-traditional hours, contact us today! To learn more about available shifts and NCI, please visit our website: http://www.ncicap.org.
• An undergraduate degree, preferably in Communications, English, or other liberal arts discipline OR high school diploma plus three years of related work experience OR completion of training program in court reporting or captioning
• An interest in providing media access to millions of closed captioning users
• The ability to read, write, and speak English with a native proficiency
• A clear speaking voice and excellent enunciation skills
• The ability to make quick judgments and work under deadlines
• Proficiency in PC-based computer applications, with strong multitasking and troubleshooting proficiency and the ability to follow written directions
• Quick and accurate research abilities
• The readiness to work independently, with limited supervision
• The willingness and ability to work overtime, holidays, or as needed according to broadcast schedules
We are growing, and while we have hired many excellent new employees over the last few months, we have additional positions opening up as our business expands. Come join the team at the National Captioning Institute!
With a highly skilled captioning staff and state-of-the-art facilities, the National Captioning Institute (NCI) supplies world-class captioning services for broadcast and cable television, Internet streaming, and other media outlets. NCI is headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, near Washington, D.C., and also has offices in Dallas, Texas, and the Greater Los Angeles area.
The Live Voice Writer uses voice recognition technology to create broadcast-quality closed captioning for a variety of media outlets, including news outlets and major television networks. This is a unique and challenging position in a pioneering field, and we are looking for some excellent people to meet the challenge!
The National Captioning Institute offers:
•A friendly, casual work environment
•A structured paid training program
•Medical, dental, and vision insurance
•The opportunity to provide a valuable service
•Qualified employer for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness program through the U.S. Department of Education
NCI will support services to people who are deaf or hard of hearing and others who, for whatever reason, wherever situated and irrespective of their economic conditions, are limited in their ability to participate fully in the world of auditory or vi...Read More...
500 Likes! Thanks to every one of you for your support!
Q: What do you get when you combine all of Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, and War and Peace?
A: Less than a third of the total number of words an NCI real-time captioner writes in a single year!